One of the best things I learned to do while I was still single was detoxing my body. I detoxed my physical and spiritual body. Detoxing my physical body was easy. I trained myself to be discipline and be consistent in working out, eating healthy, taking necessary vitamins, drinking water daily, and drinking infused or detox water. It required even more effort to detox my mind from anything or anyone spiritually toxic or unhealthy to my spirit. I spend a lot of time reading my bible daily. I made up my mind to fast weekly to gain self-control and discipline over my flesh. I detoxed my mind from negative thoughts, discouragement, and anything God would reveal to me was a hindrance to my relationship and walk with him. The hardest part was detoxing my life and surrounding of negative people, unthankful people, and those that secretly did not have my best interest at heart (frienamies). I ran far from those with a negative Nancy and petty mindset. For me to grow in certain areas and have peace of mind, I needed to cut the cord with some and keep many out of my personal circle of peace. I wanted to intentional surround myself with likeminded people; people who wanted to have a mind like Christ.
Detox water is simply water with fruit or vegetables added to it. It can also be a combination of fruits and vegetables. Water helps keep your body temperature normal, protect sensitive tissues, and helps your body get rid of wastes. Detoxification, or cleansing, is a process that is a process that helps with flushing out toxins in the body to unload our systems. It helps with better circulation to organs such as the liver, kidneys, lungs, and skin. They can fulfill their tasks more easily, without being overloaded and keep the body cleanse. I always feel better when I take the proper measures to detox my body, mind, and spirit of any toxins. The goal is to be healthy inside and out, physically and spiritually.
Detox Water I’ve done:
1. Orange, Lemon, Ginger, Water
• Oranges help with healthy blood circulation, lemons help with digestion, & ginger helps boost the immune system.
2. Orange, Strawberry, Ginger, Water
• Strawberries are full of anti-oxidants.
3. Cucumber, Raspberry, Grape, Water
• Cucumber is hydrating and flushes out toxins, raspberries have anti-inflammatory properties, and grapes contain cancer-fighting & cleansing compounds.
4. Strawberry, Lime, Water
• Limes have great restorative properties for hair, skin, and nails.
5. Pineapple, Mint, Water
• Pineapples help relieve joint pain and arthritis, and mint supports the digestive system by activating salivary glands & digestive enzymes.
6. Green tea, Mint, Lime
• Good for fat-burning, digestion & headache.
7. Cucumber, Strawberry, Kiwi
• Good for blood sugar support & digestion
8. Cucumber, Lemon, Lime
• Good for hydration, digestion & appetite control.
9. Lime, Orange, Lemon
• Good for immune defense, digestion, & heartburn.
Place sliced fruits and/or vegetables at the bottom of a jar, then pour water until it’s full. Drink it right away or keep it covered, then place it in the refrigerator. Keep it in the fridge for up to two days. After two days dispose any leftover fruit and water.
Use google, Pinterest, & IG for more detox water ideas.